Thursday, October 10, 2013

Project: Clean that Giant Unidentified Carpet Stain

I enjoy reading and following One Good Thing By Jillee.  I think she has great ideas, great instructions, and I like to pretend that all the DIY housekeeping stuff is something I can keep up on.

Recently, she dug out an old post, and pinned it to her Pinterest Board on a Miracle Carpet Stain Remover.

I am having people over tomorrow night, and thought I could try this before everyone shows up.

Here is said unidentified stain:


Gross!

So I did exactly as said - One part clear ammonia, one part HOT water, and sprayed it on the carpet.  The instructions say "liberally", I need to add that to get it to work, I had to hold the sprayer right up to the carpet and saturate it.  

I put my white towel over it, and ironed.  I didn't notice much at first, because I really did need to saturate it, but as I kept going, I noticed my towel getting gross.

Towel:

The darker spots are where I really sprayed the solution into the carpet.

Lo and BEHOLD!

The yuckiest part of the satin was definitely lifting and coming out of the carpet!  Be warned! This was VERY stinky. And I had the kids up, so I stopped doing the clean up which was why most of the stain is still visible.  When they go to bed, and I don't have to worry about them smelling the stink of the ammonia, I will most decidedly finish the job I started this morning.

It's successful attempts like this one that make me think I can do these DIY home remedy things.  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment